Thursday, June 11, 2009

recipes for simple chicken marinades

Chicken wings are some of America's favorite things to eat. The world famous Buffalo wings are available on almost every restaurant menu in the country. I don't mind ordering them from a restaurant, but I do like to make my own sometimes. I don't deep fry my wings, I like use my gas grill. The grill gives them an extra bit of flavor and is just as easy to use as the deep fryer.

It isn't hard to grill chicken, but it does take some practice. Follow these tips for grilling chicken, and expand your grilling repertoire.

* Marinating gives flavors to your meat, it is composed of seasoning, acid and oil.

* When grilling, aromatic woods, such as hickory, mesquite or cherry, can be added to the preheated coals to give the chicken a distinctive flavor.

* Marinades boost flavor in grilled food.

* When preparing leftovers, reheat pre-cooked meats until they are at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

* Check the temperature of the fire before cooking food to prevent over- or under-cooking.

* It is always preferred to use low fire in grilling in order to avoid burnt meat.

Bartending Video Flair Video

No comments: